Time has changed and now, it’s the era of mobile. Mobile has become an integral concept of our society. There has been a tremendous increase in the number of mobile users than the desktop users. Today, most of the business firms are adopting the mobile channels to attract the customers and increase the sales.
This topic has emerged as one of the interesting and eye-catchy debates in the virtual world – A mobile app or a mobile website. Some people feel that it is not mandatory to have a mobile app, rather one can use a website which looks perfect on mobile. But the rest half believes that a mobile website doesn’t offer the major benefits generated by a mobile app.
Before we step ahead, it’s important to understand the difference between a mobile app and a mobile website. Both the mobile app and website can be easily accessed on any smartphone or tablet. A mobile website is similar to any website and it would be browser-based HTML pages which can be easily accessed with the help of the internet. Mobile applications are actually downloaded and installed on your mobile, rather than being supported by a browser.
But according to the experts, after a careful analysis, it is said that mobile apps are beneficial to a firm than a mobile website. Let’s see why?
- Better Personalization – A good personalization is all about offering a robust communication to the users based on their geographical location, interests, and much more. With the help of mobile apps, it is very easy to offer the customers with a better personalization. A perfect mobile app can allow the user to arrange their preferences and can also be beneficial to track down and observe the user engagement. The app will also have the ability to identify the exact location of the user and will offer specific content related to that area.
- Mobile Device Features – A mobile app can use the features of a mobile device such as a camera, GPS, phone calls, compass, etc. When these features are used within an app, it gives a user-rich experience and added fun. These features also add on to minimize the efforts which would be otherwise required by the user. Such features within an app can help the users to reduce the time taken to perform a task on the app.
- Offline Work – The concept of working offline is one of the major difference between a mobile app and a mobile website. Though apps require internet connectivity to perform most of the tasks, certain functions can also be carried out in an offline mode too. For example, in case of a banking related app, the application offers features such as tax calculation, installment calculation etc. It is to be noted that these features can work even without the help of an internet connection.
- Brand Presence – Today, a large number of users spend a considerable amount of time on their mobile devices. Most of them encounter the apps installed on their device every day. It can be considered as a branding opportunity for the apps. Even while the users do not utilize the app, they still get reminded about the brand with the help of the icon displayed on the screen.
- Works Faster – A well-organized and creatively designed mobile app can perform the tasks in a much quicker way than a mobile website. The apps generally preserve the data on the mobile devices and hence, the process of data retrieval can be easy and quick. Apps will assist in saving the time of the users by preserving their preferences.
- Conversions – Are you finding ways to increase conversion? If yes, then getting a mobile app will ease your work. It can push the users right down to the conversion funnel. Mobile apps can deal with both the top level funnels and the bottom level funnels. Mobile apps generally target the audience through the content and utility.
- Branding Experience – Mobile apps are best to create a unique brand for your valuable product or service. A mobile app will take the brand of your user to a completely new level. With the help of an app, a company can adopt various creative branding styles, which would be totally different from the regular branding style. An innovative mobile app can also the users to customize the appearance as per the preference of the user.
- Popularity – As per a study, most of the mobile users spend nearly 86% on mobile apps than the mobile websites. The user may spend a large amount of their time on various gaming apps and social media apps.
- Notifications – E-mail is considered to be a popular tool among business firms for enhancing the communication process. But there has been a decrease in the use of email on mobile devices. The mobile apps and its notifications have taken the user community by storm. The notifications are generally of two types – push and in-app notifications. You can easily send and receive the messages within seconds of time. In-app notifications are received only when the users have opened the app. Whereas, push notifications can be received even when the user is busy with other activities on their device.
Developing both the mobile app and a mobile website is considered to be a costly process. But both these can be beneficial for your business. The recent studies portray that though the mobile website is significant, the concept of mobile apps has created a huge positive impact on the business community. Hence, in short, the mobile app is preferred over a mobile website for better personalization and efficiency.