With the growth of technological advancements, most of the firms today have successfully adopted the concept of effective ‘document management system’. A document management system or commonly known as DMS is a system which is used to track, manage, and store the documents in a better way.
- Security Features – Do you want your data from being hacked or do you want your employees to enjoy specific privileges? In such a situation, it is essential that your system should offer the best security. Your document management should consist of the best rule-based security so that only the authorized people have the right to view, edit, or share the essential documents.
- Cloud-based storage – This feature is of an utmost importance due to various reasons. During the instance of a natural calamity or a disaster, there are higher chances of your physical storage system being damaged. This can lead to the loss of your critical documents. A perfect cloud-based solution is the best way to deal with such problems. It enhances freedom of mobility as your employees can also access the needed documents at anytime from anywhere.
- Document workflow automation – This feature of a document management or a record management system will enable you to save a lot of time and money. Workflow automation will help you to move the documents to wherever required and thus, you can avoid the manual process of moving a document or emailing the files to another person. With the assistance of an excellent document workflow automation, you can also gain a real-time information about a particular document.
- Searchability – Are you tired of the process of locating a file or dealing with the shared drive? If you are investing in a new and unique document management system, you can easily find the specific information without any distraction. The Searchability feature in a document management system will help you to access the documents with an ease with the help of metadata, document type, and date.
- Version Control – At times, you might face several difficulties while using an email or a shared drive to communicate with your team regarding a document. It is always essential to work on an up-to-date model, so as to avoid any sort of delays and wastage of time. A flawless document management system can help you to get a full version control and thus, assist you with the tracking process.