With an expansion of technology and digital advancements, there has been a constant growth in the world scenario of the BPO outsourcing service providers. Every outsourcing service provider grabs an immense potential for bringing in the business opportunities.Word Per Minute is considered to be a standard metric for measuring the type speed of a data entry specialist. Having an excellent speed is an essential quality of a data entry operator.
Now, let’s see who turns out the outsourcing service provider to be a huge success? Well, it’s the hands of a group of well-trained, experienced, and professional data entry specialists.
Take a look at a list of FAQ’s which will address all the information that you would need to know about a data entry specialist.
1. Who is a data entry specialist?
A data entry specialist is referred to a person who possess the ability to key the data into a computer without any errors.
2. How to realize that you have the potential of being a data entry specialist?
If you possess an excellent typing speed, then, here it is! You can make a remarkable professional career being a dedicated data entry specialist. Generally, to be a talented data entry operator, one needs to achieve a 8 or 9 out of 10 in the typing speed test.
3. Which are the tools or software that should be well-known by a data entry operator?
A data entry specialist should have a deeper knowledge about the MS Office tools such as MS Word or Excel. Having an understanding about the Photoshop, PHP, or HTML is an added advantage.
4. What do you understand by WPM?
WPM or Word Per Minute is considered to be a standard metric for measuring the type speed of a data entry specialist. Having an excellent speed is an essential quality of a data entry operator.
5. What are the significant skills required by a data entry specialist?
- Reading comprehension
- Typing speed
- Having a good knowledge to deal with the computers
- Written comprehension
6. What are the other relevant skills required?
The other skills which should be possessed by a data entry specialist should be majorly the management skills such as CRM, wherein he/she should have the ability to manage and present the data.
7. Should the data entry specialists give a wider importance to the concept of accuracy?
Absolutely yes! Accuracy is a significant concept which should be taken care of while dealing with the data entry projects. The data should be entered accurately so as to avoid any errors.
8. What are the three major qualities of a data entry specialist?
- Perfect and on-time entry of the data
- Giving an attention to the minute details
- Possessing the ability to work in a multicultural environment
9. Mention the strengths required by a data entry operator.
- Excellent observer and problem solver
- Self-motivator and having a positive attitude
- In-depth loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure
10. What are the primary roles of a data entry operator?
- Reading the various source documents such as bills, reports, or the canceled checks
- Compiling, sorting, and verifying the accuracy of the data
Comparing the data with the various source documents and re-entering them to detect the major errors
Generally, when it comes to an outsourcing service provider, the majority of the responsibility of the success of the firm depends upon the dedicated and professional data entry specialists.